LEVIN SITCOFF specializes in bad faith first party insurance claims, which occur when an individual or corporation has made a direct claim to an insurance company and a settlement has been refused, delayed or only partially paid.
When a title insurance company and its agent deliberately failed to list a defect of record and later refused the lender's claim, LEVIN SITCOFF helped the lender recover damages for more than twice the title insurance policy limit.
LEVIN SITCOFF has extensive experience litigating bad faith insurance claims in Colorado. In fact, in 1981, Tom Roberts filed the first case to establish the tort of insurance bad faith in Colorado, Farmers Group Inc. v. Trimble.
The attorneys at LEVIN SITCOFF understand that to successfully resolve bad faith insurance claims, lawyers must be well versed in the nuances of insurance coverage. In particular, they must understand that a good or bad case doesn't depend on the amount in dispute, but rather on how the insurance carrier reacted to a claim. Conduct is what matters. No matter what size settlement is in dispute, LEVIN SITCOFF has the experience and expertise to achieve favorable results for policyholders.
Significant Bad Faith Settlements
- $1.5 million settlement following confidential arbitration of bad faith handling of auto insurance claim
- $1.2 million settlement of bad faith handling of wrongful denial of disability claim
- $1.9 million settlement of bad faith claims for wrongful denial of disability benefits
- $750,000 settlement of bad faith claims for failure to defend insureds
- $1.3 million arbitration award for breach of title insurance policy
- $230,000 settlement of bad faith breach of life insurance policy
- $600,000 settlement of claims for bad faith breach of auto insurance policy
- $350,000 settlement of claim for bad faith breach of auto insurance policy